Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Congratulation to our South High ILMEA District 1 Musicians!

October 17, 2023


Congratulations to the student musicians from Downers Grove South High School who earned placement, by competitive audition, into the 2023 Illinois Music Education Association All-District Band, Choir, Orchestra, Jazz Band, Jazz Combo, and Jazz Choir. Participating musicians submitted audition videos to the ILMEA, and all videos were adjudicated by a panel of professional musicians. The top placing scores were selected for participation in the District Music Festivals, which will be held in November.


The music faculty, private teachers, and sender school music teachers associated with South High School are proud to congratulate the following students who have earned ILMEA All-District Honors:



Senior Band and Orchestra Winds

Becca Snouffer(11) - Clarinet

Evangeline Selking(10) - Flute

Senior Choir

Sebastian Blanco(11) -  Bass II

Gianna Caponigro(12) - Sopano I

Scott Conley(12) - Bass II

Ashley Cotner(11) - Alto II

Jurate Davies(10) - Alto II

Siobhan Diaz(9) - Alto I

Ethan Figueroa(9) - Tenor I

Maija Flannery(12) - Soprano I

Abby Heavrin(10) - Soprano II

Grace Krause(12) - Tenor I

Kyle Kuper(11) - Bass I

Jack Melie(10) - Bass I

Natalie Murphy(11) Soprano I

Grace Rerucha(12) - Alto I

Claire Rhoads(12) - Soprano I

Jonathan Robinson(10) - Tenor I

Naomi Yong(12) - Soprano II

Briyana Zeigler(12) - Alto II


Senior Orchestra

Erika Andreshak(11) - Viola

Herbert Eli Dojoles(10) - Viola

Kevin Hernandez(11) - Cello

Matthew Lin(11) - Cello

Sofia Pelayo(9) - Violin


Senior Jazz Combo

Lucas Ciocan(12) - Jazz Tenor Sax 


Senior Jazz Band I

Josh Poeshel(12) - Jazz Trumpet 

Owen Anderson(12) - Jazz Guitar 


Senior Jazz Band II

Anthony Lopez


Senior Vocal Jazz II 

Stacia Thames (11) - Vocal Jazz Alto