Monday, November 22, 2021

South High Students Recognized at the 2021ILMEA District Festival!


Congratulations to the DGS student-musicians selected to perform in the Illinois Music Education Association District Festival. Students from across the Chicago region were selected by competitive audition to participate in day-long educational workshops with highly respected guest conductors, and present a culminating concert for family, friends, and educators.

Thank you to the faculty, staff and Music Education majors at Elmhurst University for welcoming our students to campus as the Festival Host site.





SENIOR BAND & ORCHESTRA WINDS & PERCUSSION

Katherine Opila (12) Trombone (Band)

Becca Snouffer (9)         Bb Clarinet (Band)

Kaitlyn Steffgen (12) Bb Clarinet (Band)


SENIOR CHORUS

Kaleb Ancell (12)           Tenor II

Samantha Bachara (12)      Soprano II

Gianna Caponigro (10)          Soprano II

Adreana Duarte (12)         Soprano I

Maija Flannery (10)         Soprano I

Mina Kostic (12)         Soprano I

Zach Mead (12)         Bass I

Maximilian O'Connor (12) Bass II

Charles O'Neill (12)         Tenor I

Kassem Ossman (12) Tenor I

Abigail Parson (11)         Alto I

Grace Rerucha (10) Alto II

Ryan Rosignal (12)         Tenor I

Gwendolynne Royle (12) Soprano II

Jordan Stewart (12) Alto II

Patricia Suchanek (10)         Alto I

Delaney Turner (11) Alto I


SENIOR INSTRUMENTAL JAZZ 

Owen Anderson (11) Guitar (Jazz Band I)

Andrew Brandt (12)         Trombone  (Jazz Combo)

Lucas Ciocan (10)         Tenor Sax  (Jazz Band I)

James Clemens (12) Bass Trombone  (Jazz Band I)

Zach Gresik (11)         Alto Sax (Jazz Band II)

Sam Wleklinski (12) Trumpet  (Jazz Band II)


SENIOR ORCHESTRA STRINGS

Erika Andreshak (9) Viola

Liudas Davies (11)         Violin

Leka Davis (12)         Cello

Matthew Lin (9)         Cello

Audrey Lin (11)         Cello

Colin McLaughlin (11) Cello

Philip Okunev (12)         Violin

Emelia Parson  (11) Cello

Olivia Roti (12)         Viola


SENIOR VOCAL JAZZ

Nathan Frewen (12) Tenor (Vocal Jazz Ensemble II)

Faith Nelson (12)         Alto (Vocal Jazz Ensemble I)

Briyana Zeigler (10) Alto (Vocal Jazz Ensemble II)