Sunday, November 24, 2019

Mustang Musicians at ILMEA District 1 Festival








Congratulations to the DGS student musicians selected to perform at the Illinois Music Education Association District 1 Festival.  Students from across the Chicago region were selected by competitive audition to participate in day-long educational workshops with highly respected guest conductors, presenting a culminating concert for family, friends, and educators at the end of the day.  Thanks to our colleagues at Elmhurst College for hosting this event.  Thanks to the volunteer leaders and staff affiliated with the ILMEA for facilitating this experience for our student musicians.  It was a great day to be a Mustang!


SENIOR CHORUS
Alyssa Ancell (11) - Soprano I
Peter Burrows (12) - Tenor I
Nathan Frewen (10) - Tenor II
Agne Giedraityte  (12) - Soprano I
Megan Harmon (11) - Soprano II
Amber Kass (12) - Alto I
Diana Kwak (11) - Soprano II
Emily Leatherwood (12) - Soprano II
Sydney Richardson (10) - Alto I
Stefan Tambik (12) - Tenor II

SENIOR BAND AND ORCHESTRA WINDS AND PERCUSSION
Saahil Sorakayla (12) - Bassoon (Band)
Jonah Sprandel (11) - Alto Saxophone (Band)

SENIOR ORCHESTRA STRINGS
Liudas Davies (9) - Violin
Therese Malinowski  (12) - Cello
Philip Okunev (10) - Violin
Olivia Roti (10) - Viola

9/10 CHOIR
Brantley Bilby (9) - Tenor I
Rebecca Crisman (9) - Soprano I
Nolan Crooks (9) - Tenor I
Aaric Hager (9) - Bass I
Bennett Sparano (9) - Bass I
Delaney Turner (9) - Alto I