Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mustang Musicians at the IMEA DIstrict 1 Festival





The 2012 IMEA District I Festival was held at West Leyden High School on Saturday, November 17, 2012.  It was a great day to celebrate the arts and music performance, but, it was also an absolutely great day to be a Mustang.  38 musicians from South High School represented in the band, choir and orchestra.  In addition to nearly 8% of the performing musicians being from DGS, Mustangs were featured prominently in principal chairs and as soloists during the day.  Well done you Mustang musicians - we are proud of you!  We are also excited to witness on a daily basis how your recent festival experience will contribute to the sonic success in the music suite on a daily basis!


WINDS/PERCUSSION
Marjorie Fera (12) – trumpet (orch)
Bridget Moroney (9) – clarinet (band)
Zak Paskvan (12) – tuba (orchestra)
Julia Poska (9) – clarinet (band)
Dan Reeter (12) – clarinet (band)
Kelsey Richardson (11) – bass clarinet (band)
John Shimanek (11) – trumpet (band)
Kayleigh Stewart (11) – flute – (band)
Sam Tedeschi (10) – tuba (orchestra)
Josiah Williams (12) – trombone (orchestra)
Rachel Wydra (11) – bassoon – (orch)

ORCHESTRA
Andrew Molina (11) – cello
Sean Hux (12) – cello
Allison Williams (10) - cello

CHOIR
Mara Alvarez (11) – Alto I
Caitlin Carlson (11) – Alto I
Caitlin Carr (11) – Soprano I
Scott Conger (11) – Tenor II
Mariah Copeland (11) – Alto I
Olivia Germann (12) – Soprano I
Maddie Kuerschner (12) – Alto II
Dan Leahy (12) – Tenor I
Lian Lucansky (11) – Alto II
Ashley Maghirang (12) – Alto II
Andrew Mahlan (11) – Bass II
Taylor Meek (12) – Alto II
Brian Moroney (11) – Bass I
Rose Murphy (11) – Soprano I
Natasha Prosek (11) – Alto II
Ruth Reeve (12) – Alto I
Savannah Riemer (12) – Soprano I
Taylor Roberts (12) – Alto II
Christian Siki (12) – Bass I
Shannon Snyder (11) – Alto I
Cody Strolia (12) – Bass I
Kaitlyn Trevor (12) – Alto II
Elly Walsh-Rock (12) – Alto I
Chris Yaneza – (12) Tenor II