Wednesday, October 19, 2011

South High School 2011 IMEA District Results

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, 96 student musicians auditioned at Carl Sandburg High School to participate in the 2011 Illinois Music Educators' Association District 1 Music Festival. The music faculty, private teachers and sender school music programs associated with South High School in Downers Grove are proud to congratulate the 55 student musicians who earned a spot in band, choir, orchestra, jazz band and vocal jazz.

"IMEA District 1 is one of the most competitive districts in Illinois." said South High Fine Arts Chairman Glenn Williams. " Since 2005, South High School has annually averaged 54 students auditioning into IMEA District 1 ensembles. We are proud of the success of our student musicians over this period of time."

The IMEA District 1 Band, Choir and Orchestra Festival will be hosted by South High School on Saturday, November 19, 2011. The concert is at 4:00 PM in the Main Gymnasium. Admission is $5 for this event, which will be attended by more than 1,000 audience members.

For more information about IMEA District Festivals, please contact Fine Arts Department Chairman Glenn Williams at gwilliams@csd99.org or at 630.795.8681





WINDS & PERCUSSION

Patrick Bartlett (12) - tuba/orchestra
Carly Charles (12) - horn/orchestra
Samantha Kotlicky (12) - trumpet/orchestra
William Moroney (12) - clarinet/band
Zach Plata (12) - clarinet/band
Dan Reeter (11) - clarinet/band
Michelle Spiewak (12) - horn/orchestra
Josiah Williams (11) - trombone/orchestra

ORCHESTRA
Aaron Collins (12) - violin
Sean Hux (11) - cello
Kathryn Krajeewski - (10) - viola
Megan McGivern - (10) - viola
Andrew Molina - (10) - cello
Lisa Salazar - (12) - viola

CHORUS
Olivia Abrant - (12) - alto II
Mara Alvarez - (10) - alto I
Alex Bahaveolos - (12) - tenor I
Caitlin Carlson - (10) - alto I
Caitlin Carr - (10) - soprano I
William Chengary - (12) - bass I
Mariah Copeland - (10) - alto I
Kyle Crawford - (12) - bass II
Ken Deem - (12) - tenor II
Colleen DeRosa - (12) - alto II
Lars Feste - (12) - bass I
Rosaley Gai - (12) - alto II
Caitlin Grudzinski - (12) - soprano I
Claire Kent - (11) - alto II
Maddie Kuerschner - (11) - alto II
Taylor Lane - (12) - soprano I
Dan Leahy - (11) - tenor I
Ashley Maghirang - (11) - alto II
Ruth Reeve - (11) - alto I
Savannah Riemer - (11) - soprano I
Taylor Roberts - (11) - alto II
Megan Schreck - (12) - soprano I
Cody Strolia - (11) - bass I
Erin C. Walsh - (12) - alto I
Erin M. Walsh - (12) - alto I
Elly Walsh-Rock - (11) - alto I

JAZZ BAND
Carmine Calabria - (12) - drum set
Carly Charles - (12) - trumpet
Sean Hux - (11) - tenor saxophone
Samantha Kotlicky - (12) - trumpet
William Moroney - (12) - tenor saxophone
Zach Plata - (12) - alto saxophone
Michael Ruth - (12) - alto saxophone
John Shimanek - (10) - trumpet
Christian Siki - (11) - alto saxophone
Danny Tedeschi - (11) - trombone
Josiah Williams - (11) - trombone
Ian Williams - (11) - piano
Michal Witek - (11) - guitar
Julia Wood - (11) - bass


VOCAL JAZZ
Erin M. Walsh - (12) - alto