Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2009 IMEA District Audition Results

On Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 114 student musicians from Downers Grove South High School auditioned at Hinsdale Central High School to participate in the 2009 Illinois Music Educators’ Association District Festivals. The music faculty, private teachers and sender school music teachers associated with Downers Grove South High School are proud to congratulate the 61 students in band, choir, orchestra, jazz band and vocal jazz who have been selected through highly competitive audition to participate in the 2009 IMEA District Festivals. "This is the highest total number of participating students at DGS since 2003, when we also had 61 students accepted into District Festival." said department chairperson Glenn Williams. “District 99 and DGS student musicians have had a long history of success with the IMEA, and we are excited to carry that tradition strongly into the future.”

For more information about DGS and IMEA Festivals, contact Fine Arts Department Chairperson Glenn Williams at gwilliams@csd99.org or at 630.795.8681.

BAND
Patrick Bartlett – tuba
Brad Jones – trumpet
Ashley Jovien – trumpet
Matt Kowalski – trombone
Kelly Lamorena – trumpet
Brenda Miller – trumpet
Billy Moroney – clarinet
Sherilyn Munoz – flute
Lexi Osborn – flute
Zach Plata – clarinet
Amanda Ruzek – flute
Steve Strantz – trombone
Tiffany Wu – flute

ORCHESTRA
Chan Choi – violin
Dan Field – violin
Emily Levine – viola
Nikki Mihelich – cello
Michael Rau – violin
Lisa Salazar – viola
Carly Charles – horn

CHOIR
Arjun Bajaj – tenor II
Ryan Breig – bass I
Billy Chengarry – bass I
Sonny Delrosario – tenor II
Colleen Derosa – alto I
Claire Drews – soprano II
Lars Feste – tenor I
Elise Floss – alto II
Hank Gordon – bass I
Jean Hesik – soprano I
Blair Janis – alto I
John Junk – bass I
Taylor Lane – soprano I
Paris Mcfall – bass I
Liam Merrick – tenor I
Jeff Novak – tenor I
Tom Reusz – bass II
Meredith Richard – soprano I
Lauren Santee – soprano II
Megan Schreck – sop I
Lily Space – alto I
Amanda Strolia – alto I
Minh Tran – alto II
Erin C. Walsh – soprano II
Erin M. Walsh – alto I
Megan Wanazek – soprano I
Cory Wilson – bass II
Sam Worlton – alto II
Kyle Wulf – bass II

JAZZ BAND
Elliot Bild – trumpet
Brad Jones – trumpet
Ashley Jovien – trumpet
Sam Kotlicky – trumpet
Matt Kowalski – trombone
Kelly Lamorena – trumpet
Tim Neumann – trombone
Steve Strantz – trombone
Josiah Williams – trombone
Ian Williams – piano
Lauren Wood – bari sax

VOCAL JAZZ
Jeff Novak - tenor